Dear Parishioners and Friends,
This Sunday, January 18 is the date called for our Annual Parish Meeting.
The morning schedule is as follows:
- 7:30 a.m. - Rite I service in the church. The meeting will be opened for voting for vestry candidates and AV slate, and then recessed.
- 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - The Associate Vestry invites you to the Annual Parish Breakfast in the Day School cafeteria.
- 10:30 a.m. - Rite II service in the church with adult choir and the As You Are musicians. The meeting will be re-opened for voting for vestry candidates and AV slate, and then recessed.
- 11:30 a.m. - The annual reports and election results will be given in Bishops Hall.
In case you missed the vestry and AV candidate profiles, available in the January issue of The Messenger, available online here, we have created a candidate-only document of the pertinent pages in PDF download; click here.
Sunday, January 18 is also the day of the Louisiana Marathon, whose route is directly in front of the church! Please continue reading for important travel and parking information.
You will need extra time, so plan to come a little early and enjoy breakfast with the Associate Vestry in the Day School Cafeteria!
The Louisiana Marathon team has implemented the following measures to ensure St. James parishioners can get to church for the 7:30 and 10:30 services:
- Parking will be available at the Wampold Parking Lot on Convention and Fifth Street (blue "P," below)
- Access the lot from Convention Street
- Police will allow "St. James members" through intersections along Convention to the lot
- A Mercedes passenger van will shuttle parishioners between the lot and the church
- Exit the parking lot onto Fifth Street, and travel north to Florida, then east to exit the downtown area